Friendly Fire in Destiny, or "sry i nova bombed ur face lol" (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, January 27, 2014, 15:44 (3749 days ago) @ ridum

All hits ON.

Friendly fire off is just 'fake'.

This. Adding on to what Beorn and Claude have said, I think there's ample argument for it to be left on in all cases. The only times where I think it would need to be off are in coop situations where you run across randos in the wild.

What if I'm out in the distant reaches of wherever, and a rando happens to see me park my Pike and take up a position ready to engage some baddies. If he wanted to steal or destroy my Pike, well, that sucks. But I could always call in my custom ride, right? So the griefer wouldn't be affecting my overall mobility. But should he be able to damage me? If it's not someone on my fire team, I'd say no. Better to offer the small and redundant incentive towards teamwork and get John Rando to target the same creeps that I am. After the fight we could party up or whatever, and then once the level of voice communication is established and he's in that little circle of trust, sure. Friendly-fire it up. Because then your newfound friend, even if he's got a stripe of jerkface in him, has the option to revive you if he TK's you.

There could be some kind of punishment tied to reputation that would act as a disincentive to greifers that abuse that level of leniency.

Furthermore, if randos encounter each other and find a way to "abuse" the FF=off aspect of this concept in order to leverage explosions for altitude, I say reward the frogblasting.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread