Clarification (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 14:41 (3610 days ago) @ Schooly D

Could those values not be tweaked to increase kill time? What about also decreasing the amount of heavy and special ammo on the map and increasing the charge time for supers?

The question is "to what end?" If you decrease the lethality or ease-of-use of these things, they don't fulfill their purpose. I don't believe it's an accident that they put a dozen "press X to kill person" abilities/weapons in PvP, nor that they give them to people simply for existing. My thinking would be different if they made one or two things overpowered, not 70% of your armament.

I recall reading an interview somewhere that said they were going to be tweaking throughout Destiny's entire lifetime. I get the impression that there's going to be no end to it.

Keep good notes on the alpha. I won't be playing, but I am interested in what people think about the alpha versus the beta when it comes out. It could be a clue to how much they're going to be tweaking.

And I wish my phone would not try to change tweaking to twerking.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread