uhhhhhh.... i think you misread (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 10:00 (3609 days ago) @ electricpirate

Watch some streams or read it again. The issue is more that there are too many instakill abilities. In fact cheaply when complained that each class has its own super. Class vs. Class balance isn't really the issue. Its more a problem with abundant power than allocation of power.

Expectations are the real killer here.

I have to admit I'm not super excited about lots of short lives in PvP. It always bugged me about CoD, and I'm really not a fan of how that property has informed other games. However, the rumblings have been for a while that we'd be getting a good dose of that.

I guess my real problem here is that I'm not hearing why this design philosophy itself is bad. I'm just hearing a lot of "I don't like this", which is valid enough, to a point. But the tried-and-true cry of "IT TAKES NO SKIIIIIILLLLL" that we're familiar with from all the MLG'ers, wannabe MLG'ers, and people who generally enjoy the taste of MLG-style gameplay seems to be gaining a little volume.

I just want some justifications to back up the opinion.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread