In the immortal words of The Heavy... (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 16:45 (3609 days ago) @ RC

For what it's worth, the issue I think you're having is akin to how I feel about Gears of War. It seemed to be one thing and played like something completely different. I expected to use the cover system to avoid hails of gunfire and fight pitched battles, rather than to avoid it completely and charge around with a shotgun or one of the many other instakill weapons.

I like Gears of War. I played a lot of Gears of War. But I always thought the PvP was horrible. I never thought the core mechanics worked for PvP. That wall-bouncing shotgun-toting rolling-around insta-killing bullshit that PvP devolved into just drove me up the wall.

Horde mode though? OOoooh yeah :D

This.

I played 1-3 and had a lot of fun. Did a lot of PvP, but I had the most fun by far in Horde mode. Indeed, the ninja-rolling shotgunfest aspect to PvP really killed it for me. I was always the guy in back downing the other team with AR fire while the rest of my team did all the CQC.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread