Destiny Beta: Wot I think (Destiny)

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Monday, July 21, 2014, 17:22 (3566 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Here are my likes and dislikes so far.

- Music/sound effects. It's a shame Marty left.
- Class designs/weapon designs/everything art designs. They have really stepped up their design game since Reach.
- Story. Even the short story shown in the story missions is pretty compelling. It's a shame Staten left.
- All three classes are really fun to play.

Dislikes:
- Lack of streamlining.
- Too much time spent in loading screens. Elaborate loading screens really aren't necessary, especially in Crucible, just a simple lobby screen showing your team and map is all that's necessary.
- Field of view is too narrow.
- Bosses enemies are boring, they just seem like bullet sponges, like Spider Tank and Serpis Prime.
- Voice chat sucks. Fireteam emphasis really encumbers the social aspect of the game. Give us full lobby chat with proximity voice (at least in Crucible)!
- Crucible voice actor, why does he have to be English?
- Crucible maps are so-so. The Moon map is okay, I guess, but Mars and Brick-walls-everywhere maps are disorienting due to their uniformity, they lack distinctive landmarks and unique areas.
- The game is clearly loot-focused rather than gameplay focused. This is my biggest gripe with the game. Everything is centered around grinding. Want a new gun? Grind for it. Want a new Ship? Grind for it. Want to have fun? Sorry, you're out of luck. :D It's as if there was a huge brainstorm session during development solely dedicated to grinding options, and all suggestions made it into the game. The loot hooks are very strong and are the source of the beta's addictive quality. The addictiveness really overshadows other game content in some respects.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread