Destiny Beta: Wot I think (Destiny)

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 05:22 (3567 days ago) @ Kalamari

- Voice chat sucks. Fireteam emphasis really encumbers the social aspect of the game. Give us full lobby chat with proximity voice (at least in Crucible)!

See, I actually really like the way they did this. One of my least favorite parts of Halo was having to listen to the Timmies on the other team in the lobby. I almost always put my settings to party-only. I do occasionally miss having proximity chat while out exploring, but mostly, I don't.

- Crucible maps are so-so. The Moon map is okay, I guess, but Mars and Brick-walls-everywhere maps are disorienting due to their uniformity, they lack distinctive landmarks and unique areas.

The Venus map is actually one of my favorites. I haven't played any of the maps enough yet to find my way around easily, but that map in particular has been some of the most fun I've had in the Crucible so far.

- The game is clearly loot-focused rather than gameplay focused.

I've enjoyed the loot system. I love the surprise of picking up new gear and discovering what I just earned, even if it's not necessarily something I want or plan to keep. The Beta does feel a tad more grindy than the Alpha did, but again, it's a Beta. I expect there's going to be more tweaking between now and release. (Heck, there may be some tweaking happening right now that we'll see tomorrow.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread