Once again investment ruins everything (iron banner) (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 10:18 (3468 days ago) @ wintermuteprime

Maybe he wouldn't have to beat on the same points if Bungie would FIX the problems that they've created through poor experience management.

I think you can forgive a poster for getting frustrated with the constant mounting problems that are found every day, every patch, every update with this game. Just because there's some frustration in the post, it doesn't negate the validity of his concerns, or even the require you to be so callous in your disregard for it.

Maybe, if Bungie had put out a finished product, instead of a 60% finished project and tweaked on the fly, none of us would be complaining about their screw ups, and instead, lauding the game for its cool factor and tricks and getting outside of maps and flying sparrows upside down and stuff like that. This 'PC version' mentality that a lot of companies seems to be adopting lately (looking at you, Titanfall) where they put out the absolute minimum of a product, then patch the hell out of it, just isn't going to fly with console gamers for very long.

If Cody wants to complain about it, GOOD. I agree with him. Deej reads posts...so if we don't make our points known, it's never going to change. Better to vent about it here, in an organized, respectful setting, than the shitstorm of death that is the Bungie.net venue.

That's nice. But he already had this revelation. Nothing has changed. Cody still takes a horribly condescending tone. The game still has anti-AFK kicking. The most loss coins anyone will get is 1 as Destiny certainly won't let them get 5 AFK games in. No Bungie game since Halo 2 would have. If you want you defend Cody as some sort of insightful voice informing Bungie what is wrong you should pick another issue... This one was used up and noted and read by DeeJ months ago...

On top of that, why do we blame the game when the fault is with the players! Even if you accept that the game tempts or encourages players to do these things, and I don't since I play a game to have fun, it's still bad players doing them! Encourage Bungie to add in harsher AFK and quitting penalties, but blame the ones actually responsible.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread