Once again investment ruins everything (iron banner) (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 19:08 (3467 days ago) @ Leviathan

To me, investment systems can definitely be lazy, stupid game design, especially in mobile games I've seen people play, but Destiny's investment system just feels like an RPG to me.

It's not very RPG like. Have you played the original Deus Ex? It's a real RPG with FPS elements, and does everything from weapon procurement to character building better than Destiny, or really any other game. Destiny has MMORPG elements, and MMORPGs are bad games because the genre is bad.

Destiny's investment system is lazy because all it does is get in your way. Bungie could just as easily had bounties and strikes come up to suggest things for you to do, since you enjoy that, yet have it not be tied to acquiring exp, rep, ascendant materials, etc. I cannot think of a single thing in your post of elements you enjoy that could not have been done, and done BETTER without investment. You can still build your character and progress your gear.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread