Kudos (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, January 26, 2015, 10:37 (3381 days ago) @ Kermit

Ditto. And I have the same issue, Ragashingo, regarding having other games I want to play. For a long time I was a Bungie gamer almost exclusively. I've really branched out the last several years, and had some fantastic experiences. I'm still having fun, but I do find myself thinking of other ways to have fun that I might be missing. I've stopped buying games unless I'm sure that I will start them immediately.

Take care, and see you soon.

I've never seen playing other games as somehow a slight for my love for Bungie games. :) Since Destiny launched, I've played a few Lego games with my girlfriend, explored some of Kingdoms of Amalur, played a little GTAV, and I'll be trying Witcher 2 soon since it was one of those free Gold games.

I think playing a variety of games actually makes Destiny (or any game) more fun, especially when you find a nice balance of styles. I always enjoy playing an RPG and an FPS alternately for a few months, allowing me to go slow or fast dependent upon my mood. It also usually allows me to enjoy both fantasy and sci-fi settings without getting too much of one for too long of time.

What I really like about Destiny at this point in its life and mine is the ability to drop in and play a few Crucible rounds, missions/patrols, or a daily/weekly and then jump back out. It's really easy to get to something fun quickly and still be able to hop out and go back to real life crap. Hopefully I'll have more time to play more regularly and with DBO brethren soon.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread