Kudos (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, January 26, 2015, 13:46 (3381 days ago) @ Leviathan

I've never seen playing other games as somehow a slight for my love for Bungie games. :) ...

I didn't mean to imply that. My history with video games is different than that of most people here, I imagine, in that I didn't have a console or a computer growing up (the original Xbox was my first console, not counting the Pong machine I had as a kid). I played in the arcades, then moved to the early Mac games, then finally got a computer capable of running a Bungie game, and for years they were my go-to game company with few exceptions (like Deus Ex).

I have played a few games since Destiny came out. I played through Halo 2 again. Played some great Halo CE custom matches with old friends. I played some of the Walking Dead (thinking that by now surely they would have fixed the lack of inverted!). Started The Unfinished Swan, which is a nice change of pace. What I haven't felt motivated to do is play something that requires a significant time investment, like Shadow of Mordor or my long overdue playthrough of Mass Effect 2 with femshep. I'm sure that day is coming.

What I really like about Destiny at this point in its life and mine is the ability to drop in and play a few Crucible rounds, missions/patrols, or a daily/weekly and then jump back out. It's really easy to get to something fun quickly and still be able to hop out and go back to real life crap. Hopefully I'll have more time to play more regularly and with DBO brethren soon.

Yeah, it's good for that. Hope we get to play sometime soon.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread