NLB is garbage as a PVP gun (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, February 15, 2015, 12:12 (3380 days ago) @ Xenos

See while I agree it needs some buffs, you are comparing it to other sniper rifles, and it's obvious the ability to keep it in the primary slot is taken into consideration when they balanced it. It's not supposed to compete with the best sniper rifles in the game, because part of the perk of the gun is that I can have a sniper rifle AND another special weapon, all of which have the potential to one shot kill. If No Land Beyond was at all comparable to other sniper rifles it would be the most overpowered gun in the game, because I can pick up primary ammo for it AND still have a shotgun or fusion rifle. I already have had a few matches with the current No Land Beyond where I counter-snipe with the NLB and then use a good range/fast charge fusion rifle basically as my main gun. Now imagine if the gun was as good as Praedyth's Revenge.

Clearly the shotty sniper combo is just too good in the crucible. You can have it two ways: NLB + Shotgun or Universal Remote + Sniper. Being able to have said combo is the only advantage to NLB and UR's being in the primary slot, so the fact that they need to be held back should tell you something about the idea of putting specials in the primary. Both weapons are notoriously bad, however universal remote is better received because it's a decent shotgun, whereas NLB is a bad sniper.

Someday when there are more types of guns, maybe such an idea would be better suited.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread