I love NLB (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, February 15, 2015, 13:35 (3381 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I'm not doubting your sincerity here, but I fail to see why NLB would be preferable to literally any other sniper rifle. Would you mind explaining to me how to use it successfully? I'm at a total loss.

For me there's a couple reasons. Though the round-chambering is indeed slower than I think it should be, the actual reload speed is pretty decent. I think somebody mentioned that they thought the targeting-reticle occluded much of your view, but I disagree. Not having to completely "scope in" while using a sniper rifle has been a godsend for me because it leaves my peripherals almost completely unobstructed. The impact is the same as Icebreaker, and the range is almost at max level.

I use Snapshot on mine, and in conjunction with the open "scope" design allows for incredibly fast target-acquisition, something that makes those Angel of Light flying headshots a lot easier to accomplish.

Something I feel is often overlooked is also the simple fact that it's a Primary. Granted, in Crucible it's not exactly difficult to procure Special ammo. But as a Primary I never have to worry about running out of bullets. Plus as a Primary, it frees up my Special slot for a shotgun. A tactic I'm sure we're all familiar with from our Sniper/Shottys Halo days.

Is it the best sniper in the game? Certainly not!

Is it pretty much the only sniper I use in Crucible? Most assuredly.

Truth be told, it's actually probably my favourite gun in the game currently, even though I've yet to try it out in PvE...

I've only tried it a few times in PVE and didn't enjoy it much (though I was still fine with the purchase just because it looks so damn cool on my back, like a katana or something), but you guys have got me all excited to go try it in Crucible. I love killing folks with unconventional weapons...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread