Shores of Time (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Monday, February 16, 2015, 16:17 (3379 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Clear the point C snipers by passing through the rotunda between B and C. You have two possible exits, depending on if you want to kill the sniper looking at point B or point C/A first.

--

For me, I tend to be an area denial type of sniper. I usually hand cannon until I get a good lane, and then I switch to my sniper (Praedith's Revenge or Icebreaker most of the time) and hold the line until they (eventually) kill me. It's fish in a barrel, and I usually don't die at all unless I get flanked or my teammates run in front of me and block my shots (happens more than you might think).

If you're playing with me, and you see me lurking near a control zone, you don't have to worry about the path I'm shooting down. Counter-snipers don't do well against me, either. I'm already zoomed in, so my shot is going to hit them first.

Of note: Chain of Woe and Gunslinger's Trance mean I'm a headshot machine, and it takes only a split second to reload my weapons. This is another drawback of NLB for me as a Gunslinger... I gain a much higher benefit from a high rate of fire sniper than a slow one.

--

But yes, obviously you need to take cover if your shields are down! And not like, duck to the side cover. You have to move far enough away that a grenade won't kill you while you face a wall for 3 seconds.

Interesting how the tactics of sniping are so modified by class.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread