Yet again, you completely miss the point... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, February 20, 2015, 01:44 (3376 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I probably wouldn't use anything but Gjallarhorn in PvE no. But there are instances where I might choose another HMG over Thunderlord. (Also many on that list are NOT raid weapons.)

Literally one vague example of yours was not a raid weapon. And I've never seen you use a scout rifle with Firefly over a raid weapon...

What legendary Rocket Launcher is anywhere NEAR as good as Gjallarhorn? Hunger of Crota apparently doesn't count for you since it's a raid weapon. It also does way less damage. So no. It's just better. Which is the problem, because that affects other exotics through the opportunity cost of equipping them.

It's not about Gjallarhorn. It's about what weapon is worth giving up Gjallarhorn for, and depending on the situation, there are tons. That's why we should only be able to equip one. Because then, you have to decide what you're going to use in your Heavy slot instead of Gjallarhorn, and there are many options that depend on your playstyle and availability.
Same goes for any other weapon. Want to use Gjallarhorn? What should go in the Hawkmoon slot? Etc.

No, that LIMITS the combinations you can use, lessening variety. A bunch of people use zero exotic weapons in crucible as is, because a good roll on a legendary can be better, particularly with secondary weapons and HMGs. You would get more variety if you could equip any exotic. Perhaps not on the armor side, since legendary armors rarely if ever have cool game changing perks for PvP.

So in your brain, a game where everyone can have fully exotic slots, the game would have MORE sandbox variety?

Bizarro World!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread