That's just you two. Exotics are meant to be juggled! (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, February 20, 2015, 08:52 (3374 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I do swap gear around mid-mission as well... I just swap between icebreaker and Gjallarhorn :)

I should say, if I'm doing a daily mission with friends, or a low-level mission for a bounty, I'll use other guns just to good around and mix things up. But the majority of my time with Destiny is spent playing raids, Nightfalls, and level 30 heroic missions. In those challenging situations, I'm going to use the most effective gear I have. 99% of the time, that's Icebreaker or Gjallarhorn.

I'm at the point myself where I have all the armor to hit 32, but I don't really see the point. I hop on once or twice a week to do the weekly + nightfall and raid if I'm lucky. Everything else is just too repetitive for me at this point, and I don't do PvP. My vault is pretty empty for weapons. I carry everything I like to use with me, which is a modest collection.

Cody and Korny both mentioned Truth earlier in the thread: that weapon is the perfect example of the problem with exotics in PvE. Here's an exotic 331 rocket launcher that's fully maxed out, and yet it does about half the damage to a praetorian that Gjallarhorn does, even though it's got void damage. That's an extreme example, but I feel it holds true across all the exotics: most of them are drastically outclassed by IB and GH.

The purple damage only applies to the shield- past that damage is damage. I think what you are seeing is the difference in the type of launcher. Ghorn is the only weapon I know of that has wolf pack, so those cluster missiles do a lot of extra damage on TOP of the core rocket. Truth is a one shot, traditional warhead, but the tracking on that one is WAY better than Ghorns. Truth in PvP is a beast. Ghorn in PvP will get the job done, but what a mess! ;) Some of the launchers also have cluster bombs, which I find are on par with Ghorn, depending on the target. Each of those little cluster bombs stacks damage too, like the wolf pack rounds. They just don't home in.

Now, it's worth mentioning that I do have 3 fatebringers, 2 Fangs of Ir Yut, and a handful of other exceptional legendary primary weapons. If I didn't have so many great non-exotic primaries, I might be motivated to us my Mythoclast or Thorn more often.

And that is another difference between you guys- REMEMBER, you are HIGH LEVEL players. You guys raid regularly, and thus have better toys than at least 3/4ths of the population. I by contrast raid infrequently, and have very little raid weapons. Tons of armor though. The only elemental primary I have is Atheon's Epilogue!

Hopefully Bungie will release another update on the "who's using what" popular weapon report again. That was an eye opener. I too, assumed that a lot of people would gravitate towards the same weapons, but the vast majority of players don't have them!

You guys, the high-rollers are -not- a good population sample in terms of finding averages. See, you guys have a 1st world Destiny problem of "How do I hold all these exotics??" when Joe xbox 360 is like "I finally have enough coins to buy an exotic because I can't get them any other way!" hahahaha

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread