That's just you two. Exotics are meant to be juggled! (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, February 20, 2015, 07:04 (3376 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I think the concern Cody is expressing is the same one I've voiced: once you have Icebreaker and Gjallarhorn, all other exotics go out the window. As much as I want a Hawkmoon, I'd still prefer using Fatebringer in most cases because it doesn't take up an exotic slot, so I can still run with Icebreaker or Gjallarhorn. I've got a vault full of exotics (not exaggerating) and most of them are 0% upgraded... Why would I bother? I never use them. Not to mention the fact that by the time I did get them all upgraded, HoW will be out and all my guns will be sub-level again.

I have Jellyhorn and Gamebreaker, and I can reliably say that I don't use them as my go-to weapons a majority of the time.

That's not to say I don't have spells where I want to say, dick around with Jellyhorn because Jellyhorn (I do) but reading his posts I get the feeling that maybe you guys play with the:

"Because I feel weapon X is the best weapon to defeat X at the end of the mission, I should have it equipped the whole mission"

Example, Lets say you are running Phogoth strike. You have Ice Breaker, and you know if you land your shots, you can stun lock him for an easier win. What I wonder, is if you and Cody look at that and while you are in orbit go, "Better equip IB now cuz I'll need it at the end"?

If you do\are, well, no wonder you feel as if those are the be-all-end-all weapons, because you are taking one encounter and basing your entire play through around that. Perhaps in your minds it is to be efficient? Save on heavy ammo?

I don't play that way, pretty sure Korny doesn't either.

I tend to run everything (sometimes to a fault) with weapons I like out of preference, regardless if they are the best for the encounter.

Example: I have IB, but I won't switch to it until I absolutely have to, because I'd rather run with a shotgun, even on most boss fights. Same with Jellyhorn- I love it, but not as much as I love using my Swarm, or corrective measure.

I tend to pull them out right before I think I need them, rather than running with them constantly. Essentially, I swap through a lot of guns on the fly, and I don't care about the ammo I lose when I do it.

I use MIDA all the time, which means I can't use other exotics. So when I want to use that IB, I just swap it out real quick to another Scout I like- no fuss.

I wonder if in Cody's case, he's just locking himself into a certain play setup. I don't think the problem is Bungie and the Exotics, I think the problem is a perceived one, that some players have in their head.

Gjallerhorn is GREAT- no one disputes that. But it is hardly the best gun for every encounter. I mean, I can't suicide myself with Corrective Measure!

Ehh.

I chock this up to you guys just being goofy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread