That's just you two. Exotics are meant to be juggled! (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, February 21, 2015, 18:40 (3375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Completely agree. I would just add that while this is a problem a lot of players don't face yet, it is a problem all players will inevitably come up against, some just sooner than others. You don't need to have every exotic and legendary... I got Icebreaker very early on. I had nowhere near the arsenal then that I have now, but the same problem was present. I instantly stopped using the 2 other exotics I had. As time went on, I kept hoping my exotic collection would end up being more useful, but it never did. \

So this is down, a lot, to your playstyle.

I've had Icebreaker for a while, and I use it sometimes - but I'd MUCH rather use, say, LDR, because it's not Exotic. And because I pretty infrequently find myself completely out of Special Ammo (the one place that IB really shines).

::shrug::

Even if I COULD use IB all the time, I probably wouldn't - because when you run out of ammo, shields on your enemies regen faster than your ammo does. With LDR, I can reload 4 new shots and keep taking down that Wizard's health, but with IB, if he's not dead when I hit zero, I have to start all over again.

This is why I never use Icebreaker anymore, EXCEPT for the templar and atheon, since their vulnerability windows line up nice with the icebreaker. By the time you empty your magazine, they aren't vulnerable anymore, and by the time they become vulnerable again, your magazine has refilled.

I use LDR when I don't think I can chain headshots, Black Hammer when I can, and icebreaker pretty much only in VoG.

LDR is a great rifle. I've got 1 on each character; it's my go-to when I'm not using Icebreaker. I'd probably use Black Hammer quite a bit as well, I just don't have one yet.

I've actually started using Icebreaker through the entire Crota raid recently. I've stuck with Gjallarhorn in the past, but I'm finding Icebreaker to be more consistently useful.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread