*IMO* Bungie really misplayed the RPG elements of Destiny (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Friday, March 13, 2015, 14:26 (3352 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Actually that's not how the game is set up at all. Here's the detailed post in Reddit. Basically, in the current game, guns do X damage to enemies at or below their attack value. So if I shoot a level 33 guy with my 331 attack gun and do 10 damage, and then shoot a level 1 guy, I'll still do 10 damage to him. You only do less damage to enemies that are higher level than your attack value is scaled for.

Wrong. Try it yourself. You do less damage against enemies significantly lower level than yourself. On Venus Patrol I do 1200 per critical to Goblins, while in a daily or raid where they are level 30 I do 1700. Same gun.

Enemies, near as I can tell, have the same health for the same type of enemy, regardless of level, so a level 1 dreg has X health and a level 30 dreg also has X health.

Again, this is completely wrong. A level 30 Goblin has just over 1700 HP. A level 26 Goblin has just over 1500. I can kill a Goblin on VoG normal with a Devil You Know in one shot, but that one shot, doing the exact same amount of damage (~1500), does not kill a level 30. In fact, even a 331 hand cannon the does about 1700 just barely does not kill. HP increases as level goes up, most definitely.

The different types (Elder, etc.) have different base amounts of health, but enemies of the same type, regardless of level, take the same number of shots to kill as long as your gun is at or above the required attack value to deal full damage to them.

Again, completely wrong. A 300 Devil You Know takes 2 shots to kill a level 30 Goblin, but only one to kill a level 26 Goblin. Same thing with a 331 TFWPKY, which has an attack power way higher.

All of these are as a level 32.

Even if I assume you're correct on all of these points, none of them invalidate my desired, simpler system in any way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread