Fun times! (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, March 27, 2015, 20:02 (3317 days ago) @ slycrel

Destiny just wouldn't be the same without me dying to cursed thrall at least once when fighting the hive. On that successful win, that's actually what did me in -- cursed thrall exploding and the boomers splash damage all at the same time. If you watch the video you'll see cruel passing up 3 of them on his way up the stairs. One exploded near me and a boomer finished the job a split second later.

Even as I ran past them, I was thinking to myself "this is going to be a problem for the guys behind me" lol

My favorite moment had to be in the abyss going up the first hill. I ran headlong into a hole that I somehow completely missed. And then I courageously self-rezzed only to be killed by the exploding lantern immediately. Doh! Hilariously embarassing that.

Hah, I missed that. Did you see the video Cyber posted of Cody's glorious sunsinger-super into the hole? Too funny :)

I wish I had a better story to tell, but it all got precluded a bit by getting my first Thunderlord on the singer, followed by a the warlock helm from Crota and a surprise Gjallarhorn after we went to orbit. One of my better loot runs... well, in a really long time!

That, my friend, just might be one of the best loot runs EVER. Incredible!

I should note that I am lately almost always on the left there when at the bridge. I played the center a bit last night and gotta say, it seemed a bit easier than over there on the left. Definitely more scout rifle friendly, and I was using my newly levelled Gheleon's Demise at the time. Note to self: my timur's lash didn't need 20+ rerolls (for a marginal upgrade) just to be unavailable for crota hard. =)

Center is a bit easier on the home side... it's the far side of the bridge where center can get complicated (thanks to the gatekeeper).

Also, I do not recommend having only 2? people left standing at the end of the singer fight. I think it took us 10 minutes to clear out all the remaining guys. We all kept saying "almost there!" and they just. kept. coming. out.

There were 3 of us, and yes... it took FOREVER. Mostly because you don't get the extra time on hard mode before the Deathsinger goes critical. You pretty much need to take out Wizards, then shriekers, then go straight for the deathsinger.

Lastly, not quite raid related, I did the nightfall once after the raid with Dogcow since I missed the usual runs Tuesday. It got me to rank 13 with dead orbit. I guess they were so impressed they sent me a void Deviant Gravity-A with rodeo and field scout! Woo!

Nice! I'm just now starting to work on building some faction rep. Figured I might as well.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread