Possible Hive overdose? (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, May 06, 2015, 13:44 (3302 days ago) @ TheGhostBrigade

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/05/06/destinys-major-september-content-release-could-be-the-taken-king

Just noticed this on IGN, a new trademark filed in association with Destiny for "The Taken King." Looks like Comet now has a name.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for the big "comet" expansion... New subclasses, new patrol zone, new missions and maps... dare I say it... new raid? Count me in.

I'm just a tad disappointed that the big expansion seems to be Hive themed, yet again. The writing has been on the wall for some time; Oryx comes up so frequently in the backstory and lore, it makes sense that we would face him at some point (I'm going out on a limb in my assumption that Oryx is "the Taken King", but I think it fits). It's just that I'm already suffering from Hive Burnout, thanks to the Dark Below. This is pure personal taste, but the Hive aesthetic just doesn't do it for me. I was hoping we'd move away from the pseudo-gothic architecture, "new" weapons & ships that are just existing models with ugly pieces of bone stuck to them, and armor that looks like rejections from the wardrobe department of the latest Tim Burton movie.

/snark

I'm being silly, but I think the Vex, Fallen , and Cabal are so much more visually interesting. I'd love to explore more spaces dedicated to their respective styles.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread