My favorite alien races... (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, May 06, 2015, 14:02 (3302 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm being silly, but I think the Vex, Fallen , and Cabal are so much more visually interesting. I'd love to explore more spaces dedicated to their respective styles.

1- Vex
2- Fallen
3- Hive
4- Cabal

Vex are fun to fight, they're aesthetics are ... pleasing, and their story is intriguing to me. Genre: Sci-Fi.
Fallen are fun to fight, but not as fun as the Vex. Their aesthetics are more pleasing than the Hive, their story is... do they have an intriguing backstory? They're kind of a blank for me. Genre: ?Post apocalyptic?
Hive are also fun to fight, maybe slightly more so than the Fallen, but they're just ugly and depressing to me. They do have a story with Crota and Oryx and all that. Genre: Zombie
Cabal aren't fun for me to fight. When I first saw the big hulking brutes with shields I was excited about dancing with them like the Hunters from Halo, but sadly it's just not the same. They just seem harder to fight than the other races, & I don't find them enjoyable to fight, fighting them feels like work & not fun. Mars isn't visually appealing to me, I don't go there for the beauty of it not that it isn't pretty, I just really prefer something more lush (link to mars concept art with the orange & yellow flowers, I want that on mars, alien, but pretty). Regarding their story/lore, they're much like the Fallen to me, they exist in the story, but for no good purpose. ?Genre: Space Turtles?

Maybe the Fallen/Cabal lack of purpose/story/lore/whatever is because we don't have raids to make them interesting to me, I dunno.

To sum up, I'm a little tired of the Hive, please give me a reason to love fighting the Cabal, I want a Fallen raid & development of their story.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread