You should read or re-read the Grimoire cards for Cabal. (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, May 06, 2015, 14:29 (3302 days ago) @ dogcow

(Note: Rev also finds them boring to fight from gameplay perspective)

Though it wasn't touched much in the game (like all of Destiny's 'story') the cards do hint that there is something more to the Cabal, that hints there might be more behind their motivation to fight Humanity, or rather that they are fighting Humanity because of circumstance, not so much because 'evil' or because 'darkness' said so.

Rev likes:

1.) Hive (I also love the flood in Halo, go figure)

Evil because reasons fighting humanity because reasons. Ambiguous "darkness" overlord\force works for them, I guess. Space zombies. They fight the fallen because reasons? Aren't they all on the same "darkness" team? Whatever. Have yet to see them fight other races. They are my most favorite visually.

2.) Fallen

Remind me of Jackals from Halo, in that they seem to be more profiteering than malicious. They look like they experienced their own cataclysm and simply war with Humanity because they need what little we have so THEY can survive. Like their over dependence on machines. Fight the Hive because....reasons. Also fighting Vex, because reasons.

3.) Cabal

A military force that by appearance and discipline looks like it should either be BETTER than whatever Earth had or has left or on Par. Evenly matched opponents for Humanity. Grim cards hint (I think) that they have control of one of Mars' moons, could potentially launch it like a weapon. Shit. Also hints that they might be running FROM the Darkness, forced to fight by circumstance, like the Fallen. They fight the Vex too. War on at least two fronts that we know of. Tragically boring to fight in gameplay hinders their potential. They seem like they were developed LAST compared to the other races in game.

4.) Vex

Robot Zealots from the days of futures-past's-future-self-and-me-2000. Destiny's entire story may or may not end up being one giant simulation, in a sleeping robots mind. Someone jiggle the mouse, please. Enemies vary, they surprise you, overwhelm you with slow precision. They fight the Fallen and Cabal because skynet probably. They are my least favorite, probably because of repetition at this point.

The Fallen and Cabal seem like they might actually have complicated back stories and motivations that are more complex than just evil or mindless destruction.

The Hive and Vex on the other hand seem like evil for the sake of evil.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread