Gotta spread that net wide, GV! (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, May 06, 2015, 20:50 (3284 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I think this all comes back to player population in the raids. I don't think it's very high compared to the rest of the game; I bet they looked at what people played, and they found it was all strikes. So they took what made strikes work (more challenging combat for better rewards than story/patrol), and they found an iterative way to make it both more challenging than a strike and less committed than a raid. Matchmaking definitely will work for this where it probably wouldn't for a raid. It's gunplay with some simple objectives and a smattering of new mechanics. I would think you'll see a much larger population than the raids ever had.

You might be on to something there.
It also might be something else, or it might be moot to speculate, because apparently they're working on more raids.

You bet they're making more raids. Gotta keep the hardcore happy. It looks like Bungie is doing a pretty good job of developing activities across a variety of playstyles: this expansion looks to be geared toward endgame casual PvE and endgame hardcore PvP.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread