I agree, except for the second part. (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, May 07, 2015, 01:21 (3284 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It doesn't make sense to design around something that only presents once unless you're actually building a puzzle game, and Destiny is not a puzzle game, it's a shooter. (Even in the case of a puzzle game, it's best to have depth beyond one correct solution, which you've talked about at length before with Portal versus Portal 2, weakening your own point with your own words.)

If you think there is only one 'solution' to the templar fight, the confluxes, the death singer, or even Atheon, then you either have not raided much, or you lack imagination.

What? That's my point. They're designing for more than one solution. You can't find more than one solution (in practical terms) in one play-through. Ergo, I don't understand you saying they should focus on raids and specifically on the experience of running a raid for the first time-- or did I misunderstand, and you were just going on a tangent to say that you liked what they did with that?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread