It's my one UI gripe for HoW (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 18:50 (3271 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I am generally enthusiastic about all of the UI changes in House of Wolves except for this one. The "Press A to Continue" interaction is definitely not obvious at first (even though the button prompts are buried in the bottom right corner), and I think it gets muddled by the fact that the first few interactions with Petra *appear* to have buttons, but they're just "here's your loot" indicators. Later interactions don't have anything in that spot, so when a "blank" screen pops up, it feels like you've missed something. I also hit B on that mission originally, but then tried A right after and everything clicked.

It screwed me up. I thought I hadn't finished after all and went all the way back to Venus. The game gives you icons when you get or give something, and then suddenly doesn't? Bad Bungie.

Why would you even press B though? B is cancel, B is for stuff you don't want, this goes back to original Xbox days.

Because every other quest prompt in Destiny has had us pressing A while hovering over a specific bounty/reward icon.

This is like asking a PC user to just click anywhere on the screen to close a dialog box.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread