To be fair... (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 20:27 (3271 days ago) @ Kermit

When the same problem happens to a number of relatively experienced, non-stupid people, the problem is with the UI, not with the people.

Yep. That's the first rule of usability testing. This was an unforced error.

I think it's more like the issue with people complaining about engrams. It tells you what you can get for them when you hover on them, but people complained about it not rigidly following a color code. Bungie changed it because, yes, results are more important and what users actually do is more important-- but that doesn't mean they were right. (That said I do think legendary engrams should give legendary items most of the time, if not almost all of the time or all the time.) People continue to complain about legendary and exotic engrams giving stuff for random classes despite it telling you that too, and Bungie appears to have not changed that.
That said, having something to accept sounds like it would be better and fix this, I just can't see it as being very reasonable to complain when there is explanatory text associated with the buttons and it's brief and not hidden.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread