I think Destiny has a lot of UI issues, actually. (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, May 22, 2015, 14:54 (3270 days ago) @ dogcow

I totally agree. What I'm getting increasingly annoyed by is perks that don't even show an increase or decrease in a bar, or even show the opposite of what their description says, so I don't even know what they actually do. I keep thinking they'll address it with the next update or the next one, but it's been 8 months and they haven't even acknowledged it.

That's because it is showing the difference between the perk you currently have selected and the one you're hovering over. So, if the perk you're hovering over has reduced recoil, yet the bar is showing it will have MORE recoil that's because the currently chosen perk has even less recoil than the one you're looking at.

That's not what I'm talking about, I know what those mean. I'm talking about a something that says, for example, "increased stability", and shows lower stability (red bar) than something that doesn't mention stability or says "decreased stability", and things that show no change to the bar when you hover on them. It's mostly sights, chokes, ballistics packages, and whatever else goes in first stack of three items that does this, but the "counterbalance" perk (IIRC) also never shows an increase in stability, whereas the "perfect balance" perk does. The sights etc. on exotics are especially egregious, there are cases of different ones with the same description and the same bars.

My complaint is that when hovering over the first perk the descriptive text box obscures the bars.

I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread