The forever eater... aptly named! (spoilers) (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 12:41 (3262 days ago)

Seriously, this took Guardian, Munky and I forever last night. It was painful! Reminded me of a 10 man WoW raid instead of 40 -- you've got less people so each person has to play better, there's less wiggle room. That last fight really felt like a raid boss.

Here are some tips that worked for us.

We had a 34 and two 33s. I would recommend 3 lvl 34's on this one, as the 33s are really too fragile. A 32 would be useless and die almost immediately.

Probably more but this is getting long. Feel free to chime in if you've also done this.

our MVP had to be radiance. If we hadn't had 2 warlocks with radiance it would have been much harder I think, and more frustrating. Often the first half we had everyone but 1 dead after the detain bubbles, and it was super convenient to have someone self-res. Related, Munky was great at keeping the orbs popping with his lvl 34 vault headpiece (with the new orb generation perk) and popping radiance to help kill the majors. I think those extra orbs helped quite a bit. I'd like to be able to radiance like he does someday. =)

Overall I'm happy with the challenge, but you really need to have a crew of 34's for this one. It felt closer to a lvl 35 event than 34, and my 33 really was barely up to the task. I just took too much damage, both from the snipers and especially the detain bubbles. We did the lvl 32 prison after and it was ridiculously easier, I think we may have wiped once due to general tiredness, but finished that one off in about 25 minutes.

Thanks to guardian and munky for sticking this one out with me!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread