The forever eater... aptly named! (spoilers) (Destiny)

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 13:11 (3263 days ago) @ slycrel

Great tips!

A few extra notes:

We found that Heavy Machine Guns worked really well against the detainment bubbles. I was able to get out myself with no buff (in emergency) using my 331 Harms Way with Field Scout (100 round mag).

We had 1 guy on adds, and the other 2 on Qodron, we all had HMG's equipped, and would team shoot the eye when we saw him, whoever got the buff was ready to go. Between all of our HMG's and heavy synths, the bubble phase got really easy. Plus we all learned how to play that role.

The adds were easily the biggest problem for us with this fight. The Axis Hobgoblins show no mercy. We ran 2 with Shotguns and 1 with sniper (for Qodron), the Hobgoblins get up on you sometimes, and 2-3 shotgun blasts end them. Did you know that Felwinter's doesn't just tear up in PvP, but also in all of PvE? Haha!

The buff resets if you already have it and kill the eye again. It is easy to just continually kill him, but he will wonder occasionally. I'd say the 2nd hardest part of this fight is the eye being reliable, we had the boss to under 25% one time and couldn't find the eye anywhere. Fortunately we had a Gunslinger with Celestial Nighthawk... It was our panic button, we would line up before the bubbles and he would shoot through them all. Wouldn't destroy them all, but made it possible to get out.

With a handful of reps, we were moving like clockwork. We had 2 34's and a 33... Def recommend doing with all 34's, but it's possible without.

Also, an additional note: Why is this fight SO MUCH harder than Urrox? They don't even compare!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread