It's market price. (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 16:27 (3249 days ago) @ Kahzgul
edited by iconicbanana, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 16:31

I'm not buying the expansion for any number of reasons, price probably being the least of my concerns, but the fact is that making a luxury good too expensive is not the same as robbery. It's.. well, they've tapped into your psyche, found that you're a loyal fan, and decided that since you'll pay anything to support Bungie, they're going to overcharge you.

I mean, those $60 (TTK plus terrible digital exclusives) could buy you the Witcher 3. Or Batman. Or the new CoD. Or 12 cheap beers. Or one box of diapers (goddamn diapers).

For me, I'd rather have a whole new game, and I'm voting with my wallet. I suggest you do the same.

The expansion is $40. If that's too much for you, that's a you problem. They set that price on what they feel the value of their work is, and what they believe consumers are willing to pay. If you feel it's overcharging, that is a you problem. If you feel you're being taken advantage of, that is a you problem. Not a Bungie problem. Bungie's problem is finding a price the market will bear. They decided on $40.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread