CHEAP beers? $60 could buy 20 bottles of cheap wine! (Destiny)

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 18:36 (3252 days ago) @ Kahzgul

What bar do you go to? Bars in here in LA charge $8 a beer on average, with the upscale ones selling at $14. I wish to god I was making that up. Good beer, of course - that's $14 for a snifter of Brother Thelonius, not some Blatz Ice, but still. It's a LOT to pay for a single drink.

That's fairly expensive for a bar*, but it's also worth noting that you didn't initially specify "at a bar." Usually when people talk about how much cheap beer they can buy for a large sum, they're referring to cases of piss water from the grocery store.

*And given that they even have a wildly varying price range for different pints, I'd suspect that you're already at a place which serves relatively little of what could be called "cheap beer."
The nearest bar to my apartment serves a variety of fairly ordinary craft beers, and they go for $5 a pint; that even includes more valuable stuff when they happen to have it, so for a while I was actually able to get pints of Old Rasputin on nitro for $5, which was quite neat. This same bar also has a fridge of cans (like Miller, PBR, etc) which go for a couple bucks. Still substantially more expensive than they'd be at the store.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread