I think he's on point with what he wants (Destiny)

by Usul, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 21:10 (3249 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Someone else broke it down earlier, but it's basically 10-15 hours of content that makes you repeat it over and over without being actually new.

Reminds me of Halo:CE.

But in Halo:CE your only incentive was fun. There was no weird reward system linked to RNG based loot that encouraged you to run The Library 100 times.

Also, Halo:CE existed back when your buddies could come over and link your 4 xboxes together with 4 TVs and have an awesome halofest party night! I cherish those memories and wish modern games encouraged similar get togethers. You can't even make a custom game in Destiny to pvp with just your friends!

I completely agree. I wasn't saying that CE was bad, just that those specific criticisms applied to it as much as they do to Destiny. What I find interesting is that Halo achieved greatness in the eyes of its players in spite of its flaws whereas Destiny is hobbled by the same.

I went into more detail here, so I'm not going to write another essay (I feel ridiculous enough as it is for the other one).

I feel I should be clear, though, that I agree with a lot of the criticisms that a lot of people have about Destiny. It's still worth the money to me. Your mileage (and that of others) may vary.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread