Wow! GameInformer article discussion . . . *SP* (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 20:13 (3195 days ago)

Spoilers and info from the GI article beyond this point!

So, I just finished reading the article. There's not a whole lot of new big information over what has been stated in interviews and articles we've seen before, but there is a lot of little bites that haven't been mentioned elsewhere yet.

One of the most intriguing things to me is the repeated mentions of the 8 campaign missions we've heard about being only a "first act" of a larger narrative structure, with end game content being brought into that as well. We saw a bit of this in The Dark Below with the Omnigul Strike and, obviously, Crota's End. And then in House of Wolves with continuing the Skolas fight in Prison of Elders. The way they keep talking about it, though, gives the impression that it will go deeper that either of those instances.

. A dedicated cinematic scene involving the Vanguard leaders offers more character development than all of the base game’s storyline put together, establishing relationships, antagonism, and humor amongst the guardians’ leaders.

I'm am really stoked to hear stuff like this. This is exactly what Destiny needs. As epic as the space battle scene looks, I'm much more excited for this one. Destiny really needs to show us how its characters relate to one another and the world around them. I'm optimistic about this, and the fact that it sounds like you'll actually be hearing from the Vanguard during missions.

Existing Year One legendary weapons and armor are still equippable, but expect to find gear with higher attack and defense values with which to replace it very early. Those items may even be white and green commons.

I am definitely excited for this. No longer just blatantly dismantling anything below purple because I know it's worthless to me.

Also of note: we'll be going to Mercury to hunt down the Sunbreakers, which sounds like it'll be pretty awesome. The Hunter mission sounds cool too. Warlock mission sounds a little less cool, but I'm sure it will be fun to play.

The Dreadnaught sounds like it will truly be awesome to explore and play in.

I'm excited for September 15! It's going to be a rough fall. So many games to play, too little time in which to play them! It's looking like Destiny is going to stay at the top of my play list, despite Forza 6 releasing on the same day, Halo 5 the month after, an expansion for the Witcher 3 coming up, probably some more stuff I'm missing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread