Really good to see this level of honesty and understanding (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 13:40 (3155 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It is good to see, but I would really like to know how they didn't see it coming. The example they use about players leaving at 20 is the result of no content after that. The "forever 29" is a direct result of the way that endgame gear progression is set up. What do you expect when the raid is the only way to reach 30, and the drops are rare? It's even more surprising when they say that players were playing more than they expected. As such, they are getting even more loot drops than would have been anticipated. If players played for as little time as Bungie first predicted, they'd be 29 even longer!

It's obvious to me that they didn't expect people to burn through the content as quickly as they did, nor did they expect people to be so impatient and disgruntled about when they got the NEXT thing.

It goes hand in hand with being surprised by people playing the game as much as they did. I think they expected people to enjoy the game as a game and the rewards as bonuses that dropped when they dropped (the people i know with the least complaints had precisely this attitude).

You see that goal oriented perspective here and I'm guilty myself. Most posts aren't about appreciating the game--they're about how I got or how can I get that thing I don't have. With your tagline every post from you is that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread