"My guardian is way cooler than Master Chief"... Are they? (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Saturday, August 29, 2015, 21:40 (3163 days ago) @ RC

Have to agree with that. She's a badass.

That was an interesting point in the video and made me think about my Destiny character and I'd have to say in my case, I don't feel that way at all. At least not yet.

Claude made a great point in the recent Cannon fodder article about HBO that describes my investment with Destiny pretty well.

Basically, 'mystery' is a good thing. But with Destiny and my guardian, I feel like I have too much of it. In the early days of Halo, Chief was vague and I wanted to know more, to the smallest detail. The thrill of the chase and discovery were awesome. So now that they are starting to dig into his character more and leave less open for interpretation to me, the fan, I wonder how it will impact my interest in the series.

And likewise with my Guardian, I want to know more about how they fit into the world but it's an irritation, annoyingly so with Destiny. There are bits and pieces that piqued my interest a year ago, such as Toland and the character in the Thorn bounty, but everything else is just too damned open and vague to the point where it isn't interesting.

I'm hoping that the next couple of releases things really improve and I feel like my character has a purpose, but for now it is my biggest gripe about Destiny to the point where I wonder how long I can wait before I can't take it anymore and find something else to do.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread