A SHOCKING Revelation!!! (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 21:22 (3164 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Weird. Curious. Maybe the answer is that we (and you) don't know the half of what went on during the development of the game.

Or maybe we are right and Bungie messed up. They are not infallible.

Those 2 scenarios are not mutually exclusive :)

Bungie is clearly aware that they messed up in a few places. Just look at the way they're talking about vanilla Destiny in all the interviews coming out in recent weeks. It's not like it's a big sin or something. Mistakes happen all the time, Bungie is aware of it, and they're working to do much better next time around.

I think the reason some of us find vanilla Destiny a bit confounding is that from the outside, not knowing anything about what went on in the studio, some of Destiny's flaws appear quite obvious. The "we were surprised how much people played the game" statement puzzled me a bit too. Bungie are the ones who set all of the drop rates for the various activities. How could they possibly be surprised by how many raids it took most of us to get a full set of armor?

I suspect the answer to this and many other questions is simple: I believe Destiny came in way hotter than we suspected at the time. Mechanically and visually, the game is a masterpiece. But I'm starting to believe more and more that many other elements of the game were being scrambled together right up until launch.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread