I'm boycotting until we get Tigerman.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 19:10 (3977 days ago) @ ZackDark

A pump-action sniper rifle with a revolving cylinder is about as redundant as a muzzle-loading bolt action rifle.

Why's that?

• The pump-action is a lot more natural than recocking a revolver

Double action revolver cocks it for you. The revolver you see in movies that has to be cocked every time is usually the Cold Single Action Army.

[*] The pump-action recock keeps range high as it doesn't use the escape gas to recock

Revolvers don't use gas to cock the hammer. Neither do pump actions. Some semi-auto shotguns use gas. And Desert Eagles do too, which is unique for pistols.

[*] the revolving cylinder is a lot more efficient to reload than magazines/clips/whatever

Ever try to reload a revolver quickly while out of breath, even with a speed loader? It's hard to get 5 or 6 cartridges to line up with 5 or 6 holes when you're in a hurry.

[*] The revolving cylinder hold more bullets than single-bullet rifles (duh)
[/list]

My first hunting rifle when I was little was a Remington Model 6 single shot. It was a .22. My grandfather told me he traded 12 possum skins for it back during the depression. I used it for rabbit hunting. It was old and worn, and I had to use a rubber band to get the hammer to strike hard enough for it to fire. It backfired into my eye a few times.
[/bluerunner story]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread