Good conversation. *IMG* (DBO)

by Funkmon @, Friday, December 18, 2015, 02:29 (3046 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by Funkmon, Friday, December 18, 2015, 03:06

my recording system was using the wrong microphone and I didn't realize it until I started editing.

I've had this a few times. It sounds obvious, but if you make it part of your ritual to tap on the microphone a few times and watch the waveform, it can really help. That said, this is podcasting, where in general, nobody cares if your audio quality is any good anyway...which is weird since all us podcasters are completely obsessed with it anyway.

I liked the chat about what you guys like and don't like about the raid, and I also like the talk about what you guys think of the weapon balancing. I think Squid suggested that all the guns should work at mid range since Destiny is a mid range shooter. I share this opinion, at least a little.

I wonder if, unlike what people say a lot, Hand cannons AREN'T a close range weapon. I get auto rifles, pulse rifles, and scout rifles. Those make sense. Hand cannons, in my opinion, don't need to fit into a range. Why isn't it easy to have long ass ranged hand cannons, middle ranged handcannons, and short ranged ones? Seems reasonable to me.

Overall, loved the podcast. I put it on while I played some Destiny today, and it occurred to me that it really did just sound like you guys were talking to each other...which is good in some ways, bad in others. For example, talking about SRL's maps, referring to shortcuts, talking about the raid and its mechanics, it's clear you were talking to people you knew knew what you were talking about. However, I was confused by some of the SRL map discussion. I haven't played much of it. I imagine there are those listening to the podcast who need a bit of a primer on the subjects when next you raise them. A simple sentence like "The warpriest, which is a boss in the raid, requires people to jump on plates in a certain order," then gone on and talked about it. There may be plenty of people who have never done the raid, or have barely done it, who may listen. Vagueness didn't even get en expansion pass until well after TTK, for example, and I don't think he's done the raid.

In a similar fashion, mentions of Disciple, Korny, et cetera, should probably also be given some context. I think I heard one of you correct "Munky" to Korny for some consistency, but perhaps it should be explained to listeners who Korny is, since I imagine the show has a broader reach than the regular readers of the forum.

Other than that, as always, top form podcasting. It ain't radio, and it shouldn't be. Starside Lounge is a great podcast in that way, very classic. If you guys continue to promise more frequent episodes and never deliver on that, you're doing classic podcasting right.

TLDR: Great podcast, plz give more context, keep giving opinions and discussing them, don't change a thing.

After the podcast, I went to my warlock and accessorized the hell out of the guy. Put on the hot pink shader and my favorite armor pieces and guns. I really want a Levi drawing of it. I'm fully aware the wolves are probably hard to draw and I don't stand a chance as a result.

[image]

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread