Follow-Up (DBO)

by squidnh3, Sunday, December 20, 2015, 19:28 (3042 days ago) @ Beorn

This was a lot of fun, and thanks for inviting me again to be a guest. Upon re-listening, I had a couple of notes:

For the question about what I'm looking forward to in the upcoming year, I think I made it sound a little like I'm looking forward to being apprehensive about Bungie's balancing philosophies. I'm actually very excited about the future of Destiny, and am looking forward to continuing to complete Taken King quests, and pretty much whatever new Bungie throws at us! I'm also super excited about the continuing expansion of the lore and backstory; I think the Book of Sorrows is an awesome work of science fiction, and actually one of the coolest things in TTK. If there's more game-related fiction like that in our future, that would be incredible.

My answer about my favorite weapon types was also perhaps a bit analytical, and I ended up segueing into more discussion on weapon balancing philosophy, at the expense of everyone else's answer to that question. I like hand cannons for a lot of reasons, but one visceral reason is that it makes me a feel a bit Roland Deschain, the 'last gunslinger' from Stephen King's Dark Tower series (with which Destiny surely shares some themes). Especially when I was using my Red Hand IX with Outlaw as a Gunslinger, I would be able to pull off three shot kills and reload almost instantly, similar to how Roland is described as being able to reload with almost a supernatural quickness in the book series.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread