Devil's advocate (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 12, 2016, 20:14 (3003 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So let me say up front that I 99% agree with you. I think the level of rage around this is just insane. But there is a tiny little bit of justification behind some of the rage that is happening.

There are some people who only bought a new console in the past few months. Let's say someone was trying to decide "Do I buy a PS4, Xbox One, or invest some money into upgrading my PC?". For people in this position, console exclusives can be a major deciding factor. Microsoft and Sony know this. So when Microsoft keeps quiet about the existence of a PC version of Quantum Break until this close to launch, it doesn't surprise me that there are some players feeling a little cheesed off by it. It's not that they don't want anyone else to play the game... it's that they said to themselves "I really want to play Tomb Raider and Halo and Quantum Break and there is only one way to do that". The PC Version of Tomb Raider launched only a couple months after the Xbox "exclusive". Quantum Break PC will be available day 1. The fear for some is that the "reasons" they bought their Xbox are gradually eroding, and they are left wishing they had put the money into upgrading their PC instead.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread