I'm optimistic now. (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 18:09 (2992 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Basically, what point are you trying to make, and what evidence do you have to support that point?

Is this seriously not self evident? Look at the very best of both media. The best of film and television completely blow away the best of games in terms of story and exploration of the human condition. It's not even close.

No, it's not self-evident. Enlighten me.

Show me the very best of film, television, and games, and convince me that the very best game story is not even close.

Bonus: Show me how the very best of game stories would work better as a movie rather than an interactive experience.

Let's start with what you consider the best to be in terms of game story. Tastes are tastes after all. Make a list, and I'll show you how it was done better.

Nice try to avoid your issue and pass the burden of proof, but I want you to tell me. What is, in your opinion, the very best game story, and how it's "not even close" to your favorite film story.

Give me that one example, if you can, and I'll give you my list.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread