Guardians... (Destiny)

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Monday, February 29, 2016, 02:48 (3030 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

...At first, based on nothing other than size and firepower, I'm tempted to think about Guardians as on par with the hoards they fight, and the "big bosses" (Strike and Raid level) are a level (or few) up, but I think this is wrong. I think Guardians are on the same "level" as the Hive bosses, if for no other reason than their shared "unkillability". You can't really kill Oryx or Crota outside of their "home dimension" (or whatever it's called), similarly you can't really kill a Guardian outside of a Darkness Zone (and even then, are we "dead" if we just respawn at the edge?)

Actually, as I type it out, they're backwards; Oryx and Crota are MORE powerful (less killable) the farther they are from "home", but Guardians are more vulnerable the farther they are from the Travelers Light (our "home").

I don't know where I was going with that...I guess I just find the odd inverted parallel interesting. Also, the physical size of a Guardian severely belies their power.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread