Guardians... (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, February 29, 2016, 06:29 (3030 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It's a good question but maybe it needs to be split into a question of lore and a question of gameplay?

Lore wise, there's the known enemies like Oryx's siblings, the Vex, a full on attack by the Cabal, Rasputin, and perhaps a powerful lost Fallen house. Oh, and the Darkness itself. But there's also other threats. One of the races Oryx beat using his power to Take enemies had a queen powerful enough to personally destroy an entire Hive moon.

And then there's the foreshadowed threat of more rogue Guardians. Dregden Yor outright killed Jaren Ward with a single shot of Thorn. And Yor was still something resembling a Guardian who still needed a Ghost to resurrect. Toland the Shattered seems to have learned Omnigul's song of death and ascended to the Hive's netherworlds. Osiris we know less about but it's possible he has done something similar with the Vex. They might be quite a bit more powerful and would be knowledgeable about how to beat Guardians still on the side of the Light.

On gameplay, I can hardly imagine all the future foes and puzzles we might have to contend with. For things to make our lives harder / show how powerful new enemies are they could separate us from our Ghosts or there could be missions that have our backs to the wall while trying to hold off pure Darkness enemies that can only be killed with Supers while having a reduced recharge rate.

Maybe they might even pit us against other Guardians (as in real players) in Patrol or in story missions via faction war. Or maybe we can be captured by the Darkness and the only way to break free is to consume the Light of other Guardians.

I do agree it feels kinda funny to have defeated what we currently think was one of the most powerful forces in the universe, but I think (and hope) Destiny's story and potential gameplay are adaptable enough to support a wide range of new challenges. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread