Yep, I'm seriously in love with this game. (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, April 08, 2016, 03:11 (2952 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I really don't think I've ever played a better racing game. The controls are just so perfect (in the only car I've used, anway--the Renault Alpine). Forza 6 is close, but for whatever reason, Forza has always felt just slightly floaty to me. Dirt Rally feels grounded in a way that Forza doesn't, somehow.

Probably because off all the bumpiness! Personally I think Forza feels great, but Dirt certainly has more opportunities to make you aware of the road surface.

The Renault Alpine is amazing. I know the Mini's supposed to be everyone's favorite, but I really like driving the Renault more. It gets around hairpins much easier. Haven't gotten a Lancia Fulvia yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. I think it'll be a good middle ground between the other two, and Fulvias sound fantastic.

The 70's cars are a lot twitchier. I found the Stratos really difficult to drive until I fiddled with the differential. That car's really squirrely in Forza, too.

I know I said it already, but I'm genuinely afraid of moving up. The Delta S4 is my favorite racing car ever, but after feeling what the 70's cars are like, I'm kinda nervous. Having AWD (which none of the 70's machines have) will help stabilize things, but it's still got double the power of anything else I've driven so far, and things are already happening too fast. :)

And the courses are just perfect. So far the logging roads through Wales have been my favorite, but I've only done 5 events.

Wales is great. I'm not sure which stage it is exactly, but there's one where you spend what feels like half the course going through tight hairpins in a river valley, cutting back and forth through streams.

Monte Carlo's really a bitch at times, just because you can fall off the map if you go off course. Great environment, though.

Blowing out a tire about forty seconds into a race, and somehow still coming back and finishing only +10 seconds behind the leader has been a real highlight so far.

Heh, worse than that can happen to a car. You wait...

And stabbim, I'm starting wish I had just gone ahead and got this on the Xbox so I could compare our times and I could challenge you in the dailies! ):

Me too. I guess the nice thing about this game in that regard is that we can still compare times manually and be just as well off.

This game's been a learning experience for me. I'm used to just going on maximum attack all the time in Forza. Can't do that here.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread