Yep, I'm seriously in love with this game. (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, April 10, 2016, 06:36 (2950 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Of course, I'm now realizing that you're playing on different hardware. That,plus personal preference means YMMV I guess. But in general, sensitivity a bit lower than default and linearity a bit higher seems to be the way to go if the defaults feel twitchy.

If you want to see a truly hopeless rally game, download the demo for Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo. Yeesh. I wanted to like it, but I tried for days to fix the handling and it just wasn't happening - there is no combination of settings that can save it, as far as I could tell. Even out of the box, Dirt Rally feels much better.

I tried my hand at the Daily yesterday, and . . . well, it wasn't good. The Lancia 037 is absolutely bonkers to drive. Part of that was driving an insane Group B car, but I think you may be on to something with the steering. I couldn't pull of a smooth slide to save my life--I kept way overcorrecting. Some steering sensitivity adjustments will probably help.

Heh. Unfortunately I found the steering settings after I'd done that one and it'll be a bit before I'm buying my own 037, but so far every other car I have feels excellent. I'm flying through the courses compared to what I was doing before.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread