How do you consume games? (Gaming)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, April 11, 2016, 02:35 (2949 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Unfortunately, Destiny has grabbed me by the throat and forces a lot of gaming time out of me. Every time I say I'm gonna stop, there's a Nightfall with modifiers I like, or the reset provides promise from the Prison, or Xur finally sells something I want, etc.

I still grab and complete bounties daily, even though I have 2,987 motes of light! Destiny is like...play work!

But I try my best to reach out to other games. The saddest thing? I've downloaded over 30 Games With Gold and with the exception of Rayman Legends, I haven't started a single one.

But to answer your question, I try to play games one at a time--starting one and only moving on when I've beaten it.

Achievements make that so much harder nowadays. Back in the Sonic eras, you played from beginning to end, and that was it! I've "beaten" Halo 5 multiple times now, and I'm still only 46% done with the achievements. Don't even get me started on the MCC.

Right now if anyone's interested--the game I'm currently chipping away at is Saints Row IV: Re-Elected/Saint's Row: Gat out of Hell. Next on my list would be Dead or Alive 5: Last Round(someone please kill me) and then Titanfall.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread