Sparingly, and out of order. Then I gorge. (Gaming)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, April 11, 2016, 17:42 (2949 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I get in about three or four games a year, depending on my wallet, but that's actually a comfortable number for me as I tend to pour many hours into those I do buy. I'm currently losing my life to Fallout 4, one of my favorite games in recent years and a game that makes me excited just thinking about. A 100 hours in and I'm STILL impressed by the color palette mastery! Destiny got most of my game-hours last year. Arkham Knight was second I think.

There was a sweet spot on the 360 a few years back when there were a variety of game demos consistently being released. I could try a heap of games and then invest in one for the next three months. Sadly, that frequency dropped off and I feel like there's a lot less demos on the One (just free games that want your wallet). Since I find modern game journalism irritating (my subscription to EGM growing up is a sweet memory now), and I hate watching people play games on Twitch, all I really have is trailers and word-of-mouth. But thankfully that's still enough to fulfill the time and money I have for games right now. Because of Raga and others on this board, I got Life Is Strange for Christmas and really enjoyed the first hour I played (when I couldn't ever really get into the Telltale Games). I'm excited to play the rest of that and Tomb Raider 2-2 later this year when Fallout 4 finally causes me to lose my house/girlfriend/etc. Even my dog has started growling at Dogmeat, lately...

(Oops, forgot to explain the 'out of order' bit. I played Republic Commander LAST year for example, still got Shadow of Colossus that needs to be played, and I have a few PS1 games I'm eyeing for the future. I only wish I could buy The Misadventures of Tron Bonne for less than a $175 and finish my MegaMan Legends collection...but alas...)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread