Snow and Red clay (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 14:54 (2930 days ago) @ Durandal
edited by General Vagueness, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 15:28

That strongly indicates the story is set on Earth and Mars. Earth I understand, it makes sense that the early confrontations were in and around the city, but why Mars? Could something have been their prior to the arrival of the Cabal and the exclusion zone?

Theoretically the Reef and the City's forces could have been pushed back by the Cabal before our current offensive. If that is the case then we are looking at the Vex as secondary antagonists this time. Hmmm.

The old old planning document that leaked said the last two expansions would be Forge of Gods, featuring Cabal, and Vex Void, featuring your mom. There was that mission on the Dreadnought where the Cabal ship is signaling the empire, so that may be the direction they're going in, but that's... inauspicious, so maybe not. Then again The Dank Below didn't have a lot to herald it, and House of Wolves had nothing in the previous expansion but some stuff in the base game, and The Tekken King arguably had no raison d'etre since the Hive had already been dealt with twice (although the second time was pitifully short and the Taken were pretty different even if they weren't that new).

Personally I want them to expound on the Vex some more, but I also kind of don't, because they have no personality. The Fallen are scavengers and thieves and cutthroats (and some, I assume, are Variks), the Hive are heavy metal zombies, the Cabal are Space Romans, but the Vex are basically just bronze robots. That said, if the Vex can fold, spindle, and mutilate spacetime, and they seem to have infrastructure in every planetary body of consequence, why are they in the position they're in?

My money's on the Cabal currently, and I'd really like to see them fleshed out. I called them Space Romans, and they are, but they're also simple country hyper-turtles, and they have touches of Klingons and Grimhammer 40K-- which doesn't help the cliche aspect of them so much, but it it gives a lot of potential.

As for Earth, assuming it is about the Iron Lords, Earth is fairly likely, and it hasn't been visited much since House of Wolves. I would also like some new enemies there (like Cabal or Vex, or something new like the Taken), and some explanation as to why they weren't there before. That would set up Destiny 2 pretty well, actually: introduce a new threat close to home, have us take our first stab at it in this expansion, and then make the next game a full exploration and annihilation of that threat.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread