I don't like fighting Cabal, Vex are more fun. (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 15:13 (2931 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Personally I want more that discusses the Vex because they're so mysterious and so powerful, but I also kind of don't, because they have no personality. The Fallen are scavengers and cutthroats, the Hive are heavy metal zombies, and the Cabal are Space Romans, but the Vex are pretty much just bronze robots.

My money's on the Cabal currently, and I'd really like to see them fleshed out. I called them Space Romans, and they are, but they're also simple country hyper-turtles and have touches of Klingons and Grimhammer 40K-- which still leaves them kind of cliche, but these influences give a lot of potential.

As for Earth, I doubt it.

I hope to see a Vex expansion soon, although I doubt the RoFe (Rise of Iron) will be it. The Vex, for me, are some of the more interesting (story wise) and definitely the most fun to fight.

The Cabal are somewhat interesting story wise, but I do not like fighting the Cabal. I think they aren't as fun to fight for me because:
1- You can't dance with Phalanxes like you could with Hunters.
2- You can't shoot them in the hand like you could with Jackals. Often my bullets won't hit their hands, but hit their shields instead, even when my reticule is clearly on the hand (I blame bullet->head magnetism). This is frustrating and I shouldn't have to compensate for it.
3- The shielded guys just seem like bullet sponges (Halo 2 brutes all over again).

Now, I do like that they jump around, and finishing one off w/ a headshot is somewhat satisfying, but that doesn't compensate for the annoyances of 1-3.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread