Prediction: The 5th raid will release on February 8, 2018 (/-/ Rampant Speculation /-/)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 19:45 (2849 days ago) @ dogcow

Calling it now: Dest1ny's 5th raid will be released after Des2ny comes out. Hopefully this worrying trend can be reversed before too long...

They're averaging one every 2/3 of a year. :-/

I'm expecting the continued increase in time between raids isn't going to continue to increase, we're just now seeing how a quickly their pipeline is putting things out now that their pre-release cache of work is all used up.

Bungie needs to speed this up IMHO.

I've been thinking about this a bit lately... as a player, I would love new raids more often. But I do realize that may not be realistic... the raids are so complex and resource-intensive to build. Looking back at how Destiny has progressed since launch, there is a pattern of funneling players towards a small list of "end game" activities. Some of us (myself included) then repeat these end-game activities over and over and over, burning ourselves out on them in a matter of weeks, making the wait for new content feel that much longer.

I do sometimes wonder if the answer is not to crank out end-game content faster and more frequently, but rather to make more of Destiny's activities interesting for long-term players. I'm really excited for the new patrol space in Rise of Iron, but if it's anything like the previous spaces I'll be more or less "done" with it in a couple days. I'd love to see Bungie find a way to make patrol more exciting and interesting. TTK took some great steps in that regard. Hopefully that trend will continue. I'd also like to see ALL of Destiny's strikes brought forward to end-game level in some capacity. If they replace the current Heroic strike rotation with another list of 5 or 6 strikes, we'll burn out on those in no time. Especially given that only 1 of the strikes will be truly "new".

I wonder if Bungie could add new variations of existing activies to help flesh-out the end game. How about super-hard versions of strikes that allowed fireteams of 4 or 6? Or new Patrol Bounties that are more challenging than the current ones, and require a fireteam? That kind of stuff seems like a way to give high-level players new stuff to do without necessarily taking up loads of development resources.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread